Friday, August 28, 2009

What a Day

I love being a Mom. But some days it can really throw you for a loop. I consider myself very fortunate that my Daughter is very rarely sick. She is 2 and has only had one ear infection and one bout with the flu. We joke that she fulfilled all her childhood illness requirements when she had open heart surgery (I will post about that some other time).
Were I'm I going with this you ask. I was caught totally unprepared this morning. I had to take Shawn to work (we only have one car) so I could have an ultrasound this morning. As I was unstrapping Riley from her car seat she said "Momma I really cold." and then proceeded to vomit all over herself, her car seat, and me. I was at a complete loss of what to do. I had a change of clothing for her but not myself. So I cleaned up the best I could and ran in to my Dr's office to see if I could skip the scan. No, but they did get me in and out as fast as possible. Then I made the mistake of trying to stop at the store to get her some Tylenol, chicken soup, and Gatorade. She was screaming the whole time. People in the store were actually pointing and laughing. I actually went off on this one woman who took Riley's picture. I know I'm hormonal right now but a complete stranger was taking a picture of my child. We made it home in one piece. And after a nice bubble bath some Tylenol and Gatorade she's fast asleep. At least until I have to wake her up to pick Shawn up from work. This time I'm bringing a bucket. And I can't stop laughing about it. I love being a Mom.

As a side note. After 10 days of shots and I have two 5mm follies on my left ovary. Grow babies grow. We are going to keep my dose low and slow. I'm hoping to trigger next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment