Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our story

I wanted to start with the story of our triplets. But I'm really having a hard time putting it into words.
To start we struggled with infertility for 5 years before we were blessed with our miracle Riley. So we were really surprised with how quickly we conceived for the second time. We knew that there would always be a chance for multiples given the fertility meds I had taken. I really thought we were going to have twins. We were completely blown away when we saw 3. Other than Dr. M's concern for baby C at first. My pregnancy was pretty uneventful. I took Zofran 24-7, and tried to figure out how to care for 4 kids under 2. Dr. S had promised me bed-rest at 18 weeks so I was just tying up our lose ends.
On Oct 8Th we had our BIG ULTRASOUND. We then discovered we were having 2 girls and 1 boy. It was only 3 days later that Mackenzie's water broke. I was admitted to the hospital on strict bed-rest. Despite our best efforts Mackenzie was born 5 days later on Oct 16Th 2008 at 18 weeks and 2 days. It was obvious with her delivery that her aimniotic sack had been infected.
For the next 2 weeks we fought for Patrick and Abigail. But on Oct 30Th the infection won. I became septic and was forced to deliver my babies or die.
I will forever be greatfull for the short time my babies lived. I will never forget Kenzie grabing hold of my finger. I'm so glad we were able to hold them kiss them take thier pictures. Well thats all I can write for now.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very sorry for you losses. Our stories are eerily similar, except I was carrying twins, Bridgitte and Ashlyn. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete