Saturday, August 22, 2009

10-11-2008 My Water Breaks

The morning my water broke I knew they were gone. I held out hope until the very end but I knew in my heart it was over. There is no going back. I was forever changed by what happened over the next 3 weeks.
I was getting ready to meet up with my Mother that morning. She had convinced me to take a quilting class with her (I hate to sew). We were going to make quilts for the triplets. As I was waiting for my Mom to show up (she is always late). I figured I had plenty of time to pee before she arrived. Sitting down I heard and felt a pop and then the gush. I knew my water had broken.I began to cry out "OH GOD NO!". Over and over again. As I rocked back and forth on the toilet. Shawn was still sleeping and I could hear Riley beginning to wake up. Somehow I managed to pull myself together long enough to wake up Shawn and get Riley out of her crib. I remember calling my Dr's. office they said to go strait to the hospital. After I hung up the contractions started. It was then that I began to sob. I will never forget the sudden look of anguish on my Daughters face. She burst into tears. ( I still can't cry in front of her it breaks her heart) It wasn't long before my Mom arrived we left her at the house with Riley.
Shawn and I drove to the hospital. I don't remember saying anything other than timing the contractions that were coming every 2 to 3 min. I remember walking up to the front desk at labor and delivery. The nurse already knew my name. My Dr. must have called ahead. The nurses must have known who I was because I was crying and shaking. They took me straight back to a room. I began to change into a gown. The nurse asked if I was bleeding "No... wait I am bleeding" I began to panic again. Soon the Dr. on call came in he tested for amniotic fluid it was positive. They started an IV gave me fluids and Morphine (sometimes Morphine can stop contractions by relaxing your muscles). Over the next few hours the contractions stopped. They never could tell me just how far dilated I was because I had a bulging bag of waters. To reach up and feel my cervix they would risk another rupture. So they put me in the Trandelmburg position (on your back feet above your head). They said IF I made it through the night with out any fever or contractions. I could have an ultrasound to check on the babies and we would discuss any options we might have.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie,
    I know this is heartbreaking, but I think it's very therapeutic that you get it out of your head as Im sure it has been bottled up for so long. Even if you write little bits and pieces on here, you are taking the steps to healing. This reminds me so much of our story, and I know we have alot of similarities in our stories, as you will find many women with the same heartache as us in blogger world. And we will always support you. Love to you xoxo Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I read someone's story I find myself hoping for a happy ending eventhough I know what's coming. I wish things were different for you.
    ((hugs))
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete