Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Riley Jean


Disclaimer... This is a letter I wrote to my beautiful girl. So if your not up to it that's okay. I really do understand.




9-12-09

To my beautiful Riley Jean,

After 5 years of infertility treatments your Daddy and I were overjoyed to learn that you were on your way. Then at 20 weeks the Dr's told us you might have Downs syndrome but we didn't care. Of all the problems they said you would have they never found the one thing that was wrong. You were born with two holes in your heart. It took your Dr. 2 months to figure out why you weren't growing. At 5 months old weighing in at only 9 pounds you had open heart surgery.


Today two years have passed. I can not believe the vivacious little girl you have become. I look back on your baby pictures and you look so tiny and fragile. Nothing like the bundle of joy and energy you are now. J was commenting on your beautiful laugh Sunday and I realized for the first time that your first laugh was after your surgery, you never had the energy before then. Your surgery was a frightening time for us. I thought I had faced the worst fear you would face as a parent. I had spent 3 months hovering over you praying for your little heart to be healed. I held you, prayed, and rocked you before they took you to the O.R. I now know that I was clueless. They brought you back to me. You have made a remarkable recovery. The only proof of your surgery that remains is the ever fading scar. I'm so thankful my love that you are healthy, whole, and here. You my dear sweet daughter have helped to heal my heart more than you will ever know. You are the reason I get up every morning. All my love, hugs, and kisses.
Mommy


2 comments:

  1. So precious, I am happy you can treasure this forever, she is lucky to have such a sweet Mommy! Hugs, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete