Monday, September 7, 2009

Memories




I was reduced to a blubbering mess today by one little picture. We sent this picture to my in-laws with the following message from Riley. "Hi Grandma and Grandpa. Mommy and Daddy told me I could tell you a big secret." Less than twenty min. after sending the e-mail we called them and told them to check their e-mail because we couldn't wait. I could hear my Mother in-law screaming across the room. We were all so happy. We didn't even know I was pregnant with triplets yet. That was only July 13TH of last year. It feels so long ago.


We went to PIG OUT this weekend its a local event where restaurants come to our park and serve all kinds of delicious food for under $9 a plate. Lots of live music, always a great time. All I could think of was how last year I had to show everyone in my family our first ultrasound photo and see how long it took them to notice how many babies there were. I also had to try 3 different plates of food before I could find something that wouldn't make me sick. I spent this year eating my first choice and wishing I was nauseous. I'm so tired of looking backwards. When will I be able to look forward again?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this picture. Oh :( I only keep looking backwards, too. I wish I could look forward-I somehow think that even though life keeps moving forward, I will always want to take a peek back. I'll always be waiting-waiting my little babies to arrive. Even though they've come and gone!
    I'm sorry you're not nauseous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just breaks my heart to look at that picture knowing you didn't get to bring your three babes home. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture breaks my heart. It just represents how excited we all were to be bringing new life into our families. I'm sorry <3
    xo
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that picture breaks my heart too. I am almost 10 months out and still feel like I am waiting for Maya to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a picture. It's soooo difficult not to look backward.

    Sending you lots of love and strength.

    ReplyDelete